Join our list
Purchase our Music
UPCOMING SHOWS-See Calendar for more dates!
Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center
An event to honor family caregivers by providing an afternoon of entertainment and inspiration.
Free. Includes lunch, gifts, prizes, entertainment
Free Folk Concert with Women on the Move Trio
Pasadena Library Auditorium, 285 E. Walnut St., Pasadena, CA
This is a family-friendly show designed especially for lovers of folk singing, sponsored by the Topanga Banjo/Fiddle Contest & Folk Festival as part of a FREE concert series. Come sing along with the trio on well-known folk songs, and learn some of our original songs that kids and adults love. Children will be invited on stage to join in with percussion!
Free Community Concert
Family Folk Concert: Women on the Move Trio
Santa Monica Main Library, 601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA
This is a family-friendly show, sponsored by the Topanga Banjo/Fiddle Contest & Folk Festival as part of a FREE concert series. Come sing along with the trio on well-known folk songs, and learn some of our original songs that kids and adults love. Children will be invited on stage to help us with percussion! Save
Thanks for visiting!
"Three distinct voices merged into one angelic blend."
Los Angeles--Acoustic Live
"The trio has a smooth vocal blend that fits their style of feisty folk perfectly."
Bill Berry, Songwriter's Square
left to right: Linda, Joan, Trish
WOMEN ON THE MOVE TRIO, LOS ANGELES, CA
Joan Enguita Willingham--Vocals, guitar, ukulele, tambourine, shakers
Linda Geleris--Vocals, guitar, mandolin, dulcimer, djembe drum
Trish Lester--Vocals, guitar, djembe drum, shakers
NEWS: We are thrilled to announce that a portion of Joan's song QUEEN OF THE RADIO will be a featured in an upcoming documentary about cowboy singer Don Edwards. The piece plays during an interview with Don's wife.
The trio's Red Coyote Records CD release, HONEY WITH MY TEA, features nine original songs along with a few by some of their favorite Southern California songwriters, Lisa Nemzo, Tracy Newman and Rain Perry.
While each trio member is also a solo artist, their sound takes on a different vibe when performing together, as they take turns singing lead and backing each other up vocally and instrumentally.
They have toured San Diego to Portland and Los Angeles to Arizona, and have performed at music festivals, house concerts, women's conferences, college events, folk concert venues and showcases. They have performed free concerts for women's shelters and veterans and senior homes. A woman at an Oregon shelter hugged them and said, "You have changed my life."
A few years back they took first place in the vocal category at the Topanga Folk Festival singing WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES, a Joan Enguita original that has had radio airplay in the U.S. and in Europe.
Book the trio for YOUR event
Call 661-373-1242 or 661-618-0964
PAST PERFORMANCES HIGHLIGHTS
- Pasadena Folk Society, Pasadena, CA
- Portland Folk Society, Portland, OR
- Topanga Banjo and Fiddle Contest and Folk Festival
- KPFK FolkScene, interviewed by Roz Larman
- River City Folk, radio show hosted by Tom May, syndicated to Sirius FM's THE VILLAGE
- Folk Festival, Sharlot Hall Museum, Prescott, AZ
- L.A. Talk Radio (and performance) hosted by Guy Towe
- Pete Knight Veteran's Home, Lancaster, CA
- Steve Key Songwriter's Showcase, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Fiddler's Dream, Phoenix, AZ
- Fiddler's Crossing, Tehachapi, CA
- Fireside Concert Series, hosted by Bob Kroll, Newbury Park, CA
- Sunday Night at the Pavilion, hosted by Harriet Schock, Hollywood, CA
- College of the Canyons, Valencia, CA
- Cal State Long Beach, Long Beach, CA
- Women's Conferences, Valencia and Lancaster, CA
- The Coffee Gallery Backstage, Altadena, CA